Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cosby Show Therapy

Well, if my first week of 2012 is a reflection of the rest of the year, all I have to say is... bring back 2011. Immediately.

Let's just say this first week was much more chaotic than one should ever expect for a first week back from a nice, long holiday vacation. Do you ever have one of those weeks where you feel like your days are flying by but the week seems neverending? That was my life last week. So, needless to say, the weekend couldn't come fast enough.

Sadly, I think my poor eating and sleeping habits from the week were quickly catching up to me. I was pretty much useless this weekend... all I wanted to do was catch up on sleep. And just lounge on my cozy couch.

Which is where I discovered the therapy to end all therapies. Enter: The Cosby Show.

Sigh, the '80s. The peak of the television era, if you ask me. Twenty years later, The Cosby Show still remains one of my favorite shows of all time. My loyalty runs so deep, in fact, that you better believe I still DVR any and all episodes that come on any random ol' channel. And sure, while I typically watch each DVR'ed episode and then delete it, there is one episode that I simply can't bring myself to delete.



Do you remember this episode?!?!? Where Denise and Theo are in a car accident with Stevie Wonder? You know, it's funny... over the years, I had always pinpointed my one or two favorite Cosby Show episodes but this one never actually made my list. THAT is quickly changing, because, literally, I could watch this episode over... and over... and over again.

Which is exactly what has been happening over the past few weeks (starting with when I first started DVR'ing it). Sure, originally, I was just watching it for the sheer entertainment value (I literally laugh aloud everytime I watch the below-posted scene). But I flipped over to it this weekend as I was trying to mentally recuperate from the week and I must say, it really did wonders in cheering me up and distracting me enough to forget about the woes of the week for just a fleeting period of time, at least. Literally laugh out loud comedy... every. single. time.

I guess I could have posted the entire episode here, but quite frankly, all you really need to watch is minute 6:30ish of the above clip in order to get the full gist of how/why this episode never fails to crack me UP each and every single time... Denise's reaction was literally how I felt when I met Will Smith... in case you can't tell by my starstruck eyes and mile to mile wide smile...

Any excuse to bring that picture back into play, really...

No comments:

Post a Comment