Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Teatime, Teeth and Thunderstorms

Believe it or not, I can tie all three of those things together, thank you very much. Don't put it past me!

I'm normally a fairly focused individual- especially when it comes to my work. Nothing can really get in the way of it. Some may diagnose it as a mild form of workaholism... I prefer to think of it as just plain diligence- hmmph. (Hahaha- can you TOTALLY picture the kind of student I used to be? Ohh well!)

Today is one of those days where I am having the HARDEST time focusing. I think it's the past couple of slightly longer work days catching up to me, but quite frankly, I know when I need a break (lessons learned from In Praise of Slowness, by Carl Honore- SUCH a good read). What better way to take a break than with a good, old-fashioned COZY cup of chai.



With a straw, of course!


Several people have questioned why I drink my warm beverages with a straw. It's all very simple, my friends. I firmly believe that the straw is God's gift to all those out there wanting to preserve their pearly whites. I mean, can you IMAGINE what my teeth would look like if I drank all these beverages notorious for staining your teeth WITHOUT a straw?


(Aw man. I was totally about to insert a picture of my very own teeth right HERE, but I didn't want to 1. Gross you out (what if I have something in my teeth? I haven't checked a mirror in a while.) and 2. Let's face it, I have some degree of shame and didn't want to be taking a picture of my TEETH in the OFFICE, hello!)


I think this afternoon tea break was just what I needed! Who knew that Argo Tea's free samples could make a girl so HAPPY?




What can I say? I'm a sucker for all deals, free samples or otherwise. If you haven't gotten THAT fact by now, well... I'm not going to OPENLY question your personal acuity.




Anyway! Let me just say- it's amazing what being able to get outside and take a break can do for one's sanity! Well... until one realizes that flip flops were WAY too optimistic for today- I'm not sure what this looks like to you, but be fairly warned that some SERIOUS storm clouds were coming our way... and quite rapidly at that.




Sigh. What else can I expect considering yesterday's SO RIDICULOUSLY RANDOM tornado plow-through, really?


Oh well. Nothing like figuring out a creative means of navigating the mean city streets in flip flops during an inevitable torrential downpour to occupy one's thoughts for the afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment