Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cupcakes for Courage

Today was such a warm and fuzzy feeling kinda day. Instead of going to work, I ended up volunteering with some of my coworkers... and by volunteering, I mean we ended up going bowling, eating pizza and seeing The Green Lantern with about 15 teens.

All good and fine, really. BUT... it was only when I was walking back from the event, just chitchatting away with one of my coworkers when we stumbled across...



Umm! If you don't think I literally came to a FULL STOP and halted any and all forms of conversation... well, you clearly don't know me all that well. Hello! There were cupcakes involved here, people!


Needless to say, my coworker and I parted ways right about there. I guess some people won't just drop EVERYthing at the word cupcake... I am clearly NOT one of those people. Quite the opposite, in fact.


To be honest, I had been craving something sweet all afternoon, so it really was the word cupcake that drew me to the little cupcake-mobile. And their CHOICES for today CERTAINLY didn't disappoint this sweet-toothed gal.




God, I am so darn happy that I'm unhealthily addicted to all things cupcake, because I got to learn about an interesting cause in the process of satiating my addiction.


Cupcakes for Courage (http://www.cupcakesforcourage.com/) is an organization run by two sisters, with a portion of its proceeds going to the Ride Janie Ride foundation (http://www.ridejanieride.org/) and to cancer research (specifically, lymphoma and other blood cancers). The idea came about when Kathryn was diagnosed with cancer in May, 2010 and Laura baked cupcakes for a bake sale held in her honor to curb her medical care costs.


You can likely guess the rest... these cupcakes were such a hit that Cupcakes for Courage is the ultimate product!




It really doesn't get any better than this! Not only do these cupcakes' proceeds support a fine cause, they are also good FOR you (well, as good for you as cupcakes can be) as these sisters only use natural ingredients and products for their concoctions.


Sigh. Told you it doesn't get any better.


It certainly doesn't hurt that they don't bother cluttering their menu...




Weeee! Just seeing "Cupcakes! Cupcakes! Cupcakes!" ... I can't fully describe the jubilee aside from... well... lksjfalksj! But they totally have it RIGHT! Stick with what you know, love and are obviously already good at.


Soo... final verdict?



I ended up going with the Taffy Apple cupcake and, I have to say, it was pretty darn SPOT. ON. I totally felt healthy eating it and everything! What? All-natural ingredients... hello, people!



All kidding aside, I really did think this was such a unique idea for such a great cause- it certainly is one step in the right direction... one step closer to bringing the world together one cupcake at a time, if you will...

No comments:

Post a Comment