Thursday, June 9, 2011

Running and Cookies

I'm getting so FRUSTRATED! I'm six weeks into my half marathon training- which is still in the prelim 5K training stages, if you remember... yes, I am THAT out of shape. But that's not the frustrating part...

Being the glass half full kinda gal that I am, let's start with some positivity. Check out how my 5K training schedule has been shaping up!




If I have the ability to "cross things off", you better believe diligence quickly becomes my middle NAME! (That one week had to be ENTIRELY crossed off in order to bump my training schedules up one week in order to finish in time for the Chicago half marathon on 9/11/11).


So hooray! I've gotten up to 3 miles already! Trust me, I was on a total high about this fact on Tuesday, when I ran my first 3 mile leg (at like 5:30 AM, because please- I was SO not going to be running at ANY other time of that day of like 95 degree heat and humidity... gag me).


So I figured today's 2 mile interim run would be a piece of cake. And I was actually secretly a little thrilled that it was F'ING cold outside (for June, at least!)... that was all the excuse I needed to traipse on over to my secret, free gym (shady, sure... let's think of it more as "economical") to run on the treadmill. I know, I know, I was wimping out because it's a lot easier to run on the treadmill than outside, but in my (weak) defense- it was COLD outside!


Yeah right. SO not the workout that I was expecting. It was one of the hardest runs so far! I have absolutely no idea why. All I know is that I could NOT keep my eyes away from the treadmill's darn indicator screen every, oh, 0.10 miles... I know, right? Do you know how LONG 2 miles feels when you're checking the treadmill screen THAT frequently? The Kardashians were playing on the gym TV for some solid distraction and everything! I simply DON'T KNOW what my problem was.


Maybe it was the fact that my my left earphone has busted out, so my music was like BLARING in my right ear... a little painfully, actually. Or maybe it was the fact that I really don't have all that MUCH music on my Ipod as it is (what? I'm not the biggest music person!)... but a girl can apparently only listen to Lady Gaga (the only music on my Ipod that totally pumps me UP enough for running!) for so long before it starts getting old...




Or maybe it was the fact that I was all congested because I'm more than likely getting sick... yet again this year... because of this DARN WEATHER. Dear Chicago, I love you dearly, but I SWEAR, if your weather doesn't STOP fluctuating 40 degrees per day, I am going to have a FIT.


Sigh. I know, I know- woe is me. I'm just frustrated today! I can't help it! What's a girl going to do?


When in doubt...

Bake some cookies! Hahaha. How the act of baking (not to mention the act of EATING) cookies wouldn't cheer up any old soul is beyond my realm of understanding. SO, after I got home from my fine Thursday Dinner Club Mexican feast (XO, Cheryl and Alma!), I took the liberty of whipping up a batch of...


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip & Walnut Cookies... I know - YUM! Lunchtime snack for the next couple of weeks, that is for DARN CERTAIN.


Running and cookies... I can't think of a better combination, can you?? Hahaha. I know, I know- after going for a long, hard workout, most people are craving a glass of water or something. But you know me and my sentiments on THAT whole idea (please refer to my blog entry: "The... List of Things I Don't Like that Most Normal People Do... but I'm not picky!!" http://bit.ly/lbvis3).


Darn straight. Cookies it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment