Wednesday, September 8, 2010
FALL!!!!!! - a completely unbiased review
as you all know, im only like the most impartial/unbiased person alive. as you also may know, im only slightly obsessed with the season of fall. as we are more than quickly segue'ing into this fine season, ive taken the liberty of detailing exactly WHY i like (and by like, i mean love/adore/worship) this season, in addition to why i dislike this season. i mean, fairness is pretty much my middle name here, people. enjoyyyyy!
1. it's not too hot and not too cold. and after the hot and humid summer, who doesn't love the return to comfortable temperatures PLUS sunshine? the best part about the weather has GOT to be the perfectly crisp chill that is in the air, allowing for just the perfect flushing of the cheeks during a brisk morning walk. im not narcissistic- im just SAYING.
2. the leaves - i mean, duh. this just goes without saying. my ultimate dream trip, within the continental united states, that is, is to do a road trip through the new england states in the fall. i mean, the leaves, the maple syrup, the cozy bed and breakfasts? what else would epitomize this glorious season that is so upon us?
3. um. the FLAVORS of fall - i mean, of course, there's a few "characteristic" flavors of fall, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. but the predominant flavor of the season has GOT to be only the best flavor ever invented in life... PUMPKIN. omg, okay, so im a little obsessed but i would like to deem it a HEALTHY obsession, thank you very much. i mean, at least pumpkin's a vegetable (or something, right?)... i mean, it's not like im condoning gorging on like steak all day everyday. it's just pumpkin. really, how bad can it be if you happen to dump a bunch of sugar with said pumpkin to come up with, among other things, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin scones, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice lattes, pum-... well, you get the idea. omg you SO MUST get the idea!!!
4. halloween! - okay, the only reason i would enjoy this holiday is because, hello, free candy? how can you NOT like it? aside from that, im not the biggest fan of halloween- ugh. the streets turn into skank central when you become an adult. please. i cant wait. i hope i get to dress up as "ghetto" this year again. it was oh so successful last year. (please reference http://maliyacular.blogspot.com/2009/11/halloween-choose-your-own-adventure.html if you would like further details to what this references)
5. we all know what's going to follow the grand season of fall... CHRISTIEMASTIME!!! hello!!! what better precursor to only the grandest holidaytime of the YEAR?!?!?!?! alkdsfjalksjdflksadj!!!! get ready, world! i've held out past july to get the holiday festivities STARTED... but now... full SWING. school is in SESSION, people!!
6. ugh okay so im so off and on with starbucks. but it's such an engaging talking point that i can't NOT put it in here. the 'bucks only gets that much more wonderful during this wonderful time of year... case in point, please note that starbucks has proudly returned it's ever-famous pumpkin spice latte. im not the biggest fan of lattes, but i certainly did get one tall pumpkin spice latte this morning, to celebrate the glorious autumn chill that i encountered upon leaving my apartment this morning. and $4.05 later, i was quite satisfied. if it's a treat (and not a morning habit, as it has been in the past!), i think $4.05 is reasonable for this drink... okay, so it's totally NOT reasonable but whatever. that issue has already been addressed and will likely be addressed in the future. BUT in addition to the PSL (we're on a nickname basis), please note that the 'bucks has introduced yet another signature drink... the toffee mocha latte or frappuccino. omg, it's like liquid candy. small doses, really. but MAN- hope you're ready for a sugar high. and of course, i can't discount the standard starbucks caramel apple cider. again, another form of diabetes in a cup but really, what starbucks specialty beverage isnt?
1. please. there are none.
in gratitude of-
the most glorious season of all... FALLLLLL!!!! (im a poet and so know it... hahahahaha i kill myself sometimes!)