Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brunching, Threading and Mother Nature Taking Her Own Sweet Time

It's another one of those clusters of a blog title, huh? What can I say- since I've (only) been blogging about once a week lately, I've gotta cram certain key activities into singular blog posts, no matter how unrelated...

This weekend started out not looking so hot. It all started last Wednesday night, when I started feeling incredibly sick. Initially, I thought it was just the general fatigue my body's been experiencing for the past couple of months, thanks to my perpetual inability to sleep while on the road for work. Nope- Thursday morning I woke up with a full fledged stuffy nose, sore throat, cough, etc. etc. Because I tend to frown on Western medicine, I refuse to take anything, since I'm a fan of that whole letting Mother Nature take her course.

Yeah, Mother Nature's sure been taking her own sweet time. That hasn't stopped me from enjoying my weekend, however. You better believe that I'm not going to let some stuffiness and fever get in my way (well. To an extent.). I mean, I have my priorities and obligations...

And quite frankly, I HAD to get my eyebrows done this weekend! While I've been trying to upkeep with some standard tweeze-ing, it simply just does NOT compare to threading. Anyone who knows me at all knows I am slightly OB-SESSED with 1) eyebrow shaping and 2) threading. I feel like the obsession has only skyrocketed over the past year or so, since I've discovered one of THE best threaders in all the land (and trust me, coming from me, that is saying a LOT).

"My threading lady" in Lincoln Park only charges $7 for eyebrows!! Now do you see why I go as frequently as I do? I mean, I'm used to eyebrow waxing services that charge upwards of $20 per visit! You can clearly see why I feel NO guilt about taking full advantage of these $7 services on a regular basis (that's right- I go every 2-3 weeks... if you're an Indian girl, you'll understand why this frequency is needed... ah, sisterhood. Hahaha.).

This Saturday, I met up with a friend for brunch at Orange, right next door to my place (I picked the place... the fact that it happened to be right next door to my place was not exactly coincidental). You can't really go wrong with brunch at Orange- it's just so simply delicious. And talk about some fun brunching... Alma and I decided to splurge on Orange's signature "Frushi" to start off the brunching experience.


Have you heard of frushi? It's pretty obvious what it is from the pictures, right? Fruity flavored sushi (the purple one is blueberry flavored). Unique, right? It was actually quite tasty, I must admit. And who doesn't appreciate a unique component of a dining experience, really?

Anyway, as we were finishing up brunch, I mentioned that my afternoon plans consisted of, among other things, eyebrow threading. Needless to say, I was more than pleasantly surprised when Alma indicated she'd love to join in the merriment... I mean, you don't have to tell me TWICE. I advertise my threading lady to ALL the WORLD, and the fact that I now had a buddy to accompany me?? Well... you better believe I capitalized on Alma's photog abilities to snap some pictures of the whole threading experience if you will...



Doesn't it look so fun?!?!? So SIMPLE!! And my threading lady is just so AWESOME!!! She is the sweetest person EVER and always apologizes when she sees me tearing up (which, trust me, is natural). Seriously, getting my eyebrows threaded is one of my FAVORITE things EVER- I really think it's one of those things that can make any bad day all the better. It just opens your face on up and makes you just look so much more well-KEMPT, if you will!

Honestly, I wouldn't actively advertise this place if it wasn't so DARN GOOD. This lady is consistently AMAZING and I think my eyebrows could not look any better if they tried (if I do say so myself)... even random people at stores have complimented me on them!! And trust me, you KNOW that's all it takes to get me sailing to cloud nine and all that. Haha. Seriously, if you are in the Lincoln Park area (or hell, even if you're not, make the TRIP up- it's totally worth it!), you should visit the Century Mall and just look for an "eyebrow threading" shop. It's on the second floor right by Victoria's Secret.

I can 100% assure you- you will NOT be DISAPPOINTED.

Oh. That's all I've got. Hope it sufficed for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment